Tuesday, September 15, 2009

About me...

Well we're one week in and I have about 70% of my kids names memorized. Since I'm working on learning about your kids, I thought you might like to know a little about me. I grew up on a dairy farm north of Melrose and graduated in 1995 from Melrose High School. I then attended St. Ben's and received my bachelors in elementary education with an emphasis in social studies. I was hired to teach 3rd grade in 1999, the next two years were spent in 5th and 6th grade. The following year I was asked to teach 7th grade social and I have been here ever since! I love teaching in the middle school, the kids are crazy, loud, fun and excited to be here. There is never a dull moment with 7th graders. I received my masters degree in education in 2005 from Southwest Minnesota State University. My husband Ben and I live on a dairy farm (the same on I grew up on) and have three kids. Sam is in second grade, Grace is in kindergarden and Max is 17 months old. I think this is going to be a great year!