Monday, December 1, 2008

Careers

Today the seventh graders were going to the computer lab to take an interest inventory on the computer.  Unfortunately, the lab was out of order!  Only two of my hours were able to go to the library (it was booked the other two). Hopefully we will be able to get to the computer lab sometime this week, but other classes are using it as well, which means I may need to bride some teachers to let us in there.  

This test can be taken at home if you have internet access.  Here's how...

-go to www.melrose.k12.mn.us
-click on district wide, then media center, then careers (under class pages)
-click on my MCIS (upper right corner)
-under new users click on Create my MCIS
-enter the information in the red starred areas, make up a username and password (you will need this the next time we log in, please write it down!)
-click No, I do not want anybody to view my profile, submit
-click on the O'Net interest profiler (left side of screen)
-begin taking the test, hit submit after each question
-when finished with the test:
print your results (upper right corner of screen, by the star)
save your results (upper right corner of screen, by the star)