Monday, February 1, 2010

US History

Our next unit is US History. We cover A LOT of history in a short period of time. The way it works is that we talk in terms of decades. We started last week with 1900-1910 and are continuing this week with 1910-1920. For each decade we discuss what happened overall, then we go in depth on a few major events. (Last week it was immigration and the Model T.)

I have hopes of the kids doing a family history, but right now it's only in my head...I'll try to get it out and on paper sometime this week! (But, I'm not making any promises.)

If your child is in my 5th or 6th hour they will be having Mr. Quirk Becker (or Mr. QB) for the next few weeks. I'm excited to have someone with fresh, new ideas working in my classroom!

PS - I will be serving my civic duty the next two weeks...yep, jury duty! So, if your child mentions that I'm gone for a few days, that's probably why.